Applied stochastic models for ocean engineering, climate and safe transportation
A Research Training Network funded by the European Commission 2005-2009
The following positions have been announced and have been filled
- Experienced Researcher at the Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute, KMNI, de Bilt, the Netherlands, for work on Extreme weather events and their change in a changing climate. Application date: March 15, 2008. For more information, see information leaflet (pdf).
- Experienced Researcher at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, for work on Climate change scenarios for coastal impact studies in the Southern North Sea . Application date: March 15, 2008. For more information, see information leaflet (pdf).
- Early Stage Researcher at Institute of Cybernetics, Tallinn Technical University: Wave climate changes in the Baltic Sea and their impact on coastal processes and ecosystems. Application date October 30, 2007. For more information, see information leaflet (pdf).
- Early Stage Researcher at UniversitÚ Paul Sabatier, Toulouse: Detecting change point times in sea-waves models . The topic is statistical techniques to detect changes in sea state models by adaptive spectrum estimates. The position is limited to 12 months. Application date June 15, 2007. For more information, see information leaflet (pdf).
- Experienced researcher at Institute of Cybernetics, Tallinn Technical University: Study of freak wave formation and propagation, and quatification of wave runup on a beach. Application date May 1, 2007. For more information, see information leaflet (pdf).
- Chalmers University and Det Norske Veritas A/S intend to employ a joint PhD student in the area of stochastic analysis of responses of marine structures to wave and wind loads. The training is intended to lead to a PhD exam in Mathematical statistics in combination with Shipping and Marine technology. Application date: March 1, 2007; information leaflet (pdf).
- Opportunity for Experienced Researcher - application deadline November 15, 2006. Det Norske Veritas, H÷vik, Norway, announces a 12 month position from January 1, 2007, as Experienced Researcher for work on Statistical properties of surface gravity waves in unimodal and bimodal directional seas from direct numerical simulations of the Euler equations. Application deadline November 15, 2006; information leaflet (pdf).
- Lund University announces an opportunity for an Experienced Researcher in "Analysis and computation in stochastic wave models and consequences for marine safety". Application deadline May 9, 2006; information leaflet (pdf).
- K.U. Leuven has positions open for PhD candidates related to "Extreme waves in intermediate to shallow water and to wave climate in coastal areas" at the Hydraulics laboratory. Application deadline May 9, 2006; information leaflet (pdf).
- Lund University, Mathematical Statistics, and the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI) announces a joint PhD position in "Stochastic methods for improved nowcasting and short range forecasting of extreme weather"; information leaflet (pdf).
- Short term appointment for Early Stage Researcher -- application deadline April 17, 2006. Institute of Cybernetics at Tallinn Technical University has a short (six month) opening for an Early Stage Researcher in "Runup of nonlinear waves on beach for various wave shapes"; information leaflet (pdf).
Georg Lindgren (email@example.com)
Centre for Mathematical Sciences
Faculty of Engineering / Lund University
Box 118, 221 00 LUND
Page modified November 16, 2007.