This page lists news starting at July 5 2000. For earlier events, cf. the
history of WAFO.
are not given on this page.
- October 6
- WAFO version 2.1.1 released.
- August 16
- WAFO was presented in the software session at the EVA 2005
meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- August 18
- Cécile Mercadier, Toulouse, presents a toolbox that
computes distribution of the maximum for one- and two-parameter
processes using WAFO-routine rind.m. The toolbox can be downloaded at www.lsp.ups-tlse.fr/Fp/Mercadier.
- November 29
- Dissertation for WAFO co-worker Per A Brodtkorb,
thesis: 'Sannsynlighet for opptreden av farlige bølgesituasjoner
- May 28
- Dissertation for WAFO co-worker A Baxevani, thesis:
'Modelling Sea Surface Dynamics Using Crossing
- April 7
- WAFO version 2.1.0 released:
- Major changes concern Chapter 3 in the tutorial. Calls there
are not valid anymore.
- A new HTML based documentation is available, with for example
cross references between calls of functions. This is found in the
- For PC Windows, the executable programs have been replaced by
mex files (these have not been compiled for other systems).
- October 3
- A new version of the routine RIND presented by P.A. Brodtkorb at
a seminar in Lund.
- June 14
- WAFO version 2.0.5 released.
- June 11
- Dissertation for WAFO co-worker U Machado,
thesis: 'Statistical Analysis of non-Gaussian Environmental Loads and
- March 1
- Dissertation for WAFO co-worker J Rydén, thesis:
'Statistical Analysis of Crests and Maxima in
- August 21
- Some new routines (see the page
for bug reports)
and a number of revised files.
- June 28
- Three new routines (see the page
for bug reports) and a number of
- June 19
- Examples from the tutorial now displayed on the Internet: check
the demos pages.
- May 4
- Documentation of all routines on the Internet in a frame-based
Advantage: cross references between files are given by
this tool (also found as a link
the documention page).
- April 23
- Homepage with links
established on the Internet.
- April 12
- Presentation at the Internet reorganized.
- April 11
- WAFO ver 2.0.4 released.
- March 26
- A new version will most probably appear April 10-11. Please
send in suggestions and remarks before April 9.
- December 6
- Improvements in the Fortran routines used in trgauss/ have been
For Unix users, the files have been compiled on the platforms sol2
and alpha. Among the new features is the possibility to
choose negative values of the parameter NIT, which means that number
theoretical methods are used for integration.
Find the directories exec/sol2 and exec/alpha as compressed files at
page for Bugs.
- November 11
- Updated versions of the modules wstats/ and wavemodels.
Find compressed files to download at the page for Bugs.
Online documentation of the modules available.
- October 19
- Many improvements have been made in the modules cycles/ and
wstats/. Revised versions can be downloaded at the page for Bugs.
- October 1
- WAFO co-workers Per
Andreas Brodtkorb, Eva Sjö,
and Martin Sköld
got new employments. We wish them good luck!
- July 13
- WAFO ver 2.0.3 released.
- July 11
- WAFO connected to a network of free Matlab toolboxes, MatLinks.
- July 10
- WAFO ver 2.0.2 released.
- July 6
- WAFO ver 2.0.1 released. A tutorial released.
A web site with new design official.
- July 5
- Versions compressed for Unix and PC/Windows. Executable files
separated from ascii files.
Centre for Mathematical Sciences
Lund University with Lund Institute of Technology
Comments or corrections to WAFO group