WAFO is a toolbox of Matlab routines for statistical analysis and simulation of random waves and random loads. WAFO is freely redistributable software, see WAFO licence, cf. the GNU General Public License (GPL) and contain tools for:
- Fatigue life prediction for random loads
- Theoretical density of rainflow cycles
- Simulation of linear and non-linear Gaussian waves
- Estimation of seamodels (spectrums)
- Joint wave height, wave steepness, wave period distributions
- Extreme value analysis
- Kernel density estimation
- Hidden markov models
For more information, see the page about WAFO.
- January 13
- A Wafo26-beta is available! It is an updated version of Wafo (Wafo25) and should work without problems (?) with Matlab R2014b and later. The lagrange module (WafoL) is also included in Wafo26, together with the tutorial.
- December 8
- A new extended version of the WafoL module is available. It includes simulation of second order Stokes-Lagrange waves. An updated tutorial is also available.
- September 3
- Note that a new graphics systems was introduced in Matlab R2014b. As a consequence several plotting routines in Wafo25 may give trouble if you use R2014b or later. We are updating the graphics in Wafo and will eventually release a version Wafo2014 for the new Matlab releases. Non-graphical routines works as previously. Just remember to update the exec-folder with a correct subfolder.
- August 15
Wafo has moved to a new home at Github and will no longer be available at Google. On Github you find
the main repository WAFO with the two Wafo-versions
WAFO for Matlab and pywafo for Python.
- July 30
- A new module, WafoL, is available for generation and analysis of stochastic Gauss-Lagrange waves. It works together with the main Wafo package, but is not (yet) included in WAFO. The m-files (zip) including test examples and a tutorial (pdf) are available for downloading.
- March 28
- The Tutorial for WAFO 2.5 is available for download at the documentation page.
- February 7
- WAFO 2.5 was finally promoted to "stable" and made available on WAFO at Google.
- The new release contains support for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit platforms in various combinations with Matlab 2007a - 2010b; see release notes and installation notes.
- February 4
- Details on WAFO 2.5 beta published on WAFO at Google.
- The WAFO version 2.5 release includes many new functions and refactorings of old functions. Many functions are now distributed under the GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.
- For details, see WAFO 2.5 release notes and installation notes.
- October 28
- New mexfiles for Matlab 2009a on PC-platform
- The compiled mexfiles for use in Matlab 2009a were released on WAFO at Google.
- October 9
- New Tutorial for WAFO 2.5 beta was published. All examples were tested with Matlab 2009a.
- January 22
- The new release of WAFO is here!
- A beta-version of the new release, called WAFO 2.5 beta, was published on WAFO at Google.
- A second home for WAFO was created at google.code, WAFO at Google.
For older news, see the news archive.