SURFmex: A MATLAB SURF interface
SURFmex is a MATLAB interface for the Speeded Up Robust Features interest point detector, written by Petter Strandmark. It is a simple interface which just calls OpenCV. OpenCV webpage
Binaries are provided for Windows 64 bit and 32 bit. Users of Linux and MacOS will have to compile the C++ files themselves. The only required library is OpenCV.
Installation should be straight-forward, just execute "startup.m" in the SURFmex folder and type help surfpoints or run the examples provided in the "examples" directory.
- SURFmex v.2.1 for Windows 10.3MB
Feedback can be emailed to
- July 29th, 2010 v.2.1: Bug fix and added surfpoints_gpu using "Speeded Up SURF" library. Only 64-bit binaries provided, but old (v.2) 32-bit are included.
- July 28th, 2010 v.2.01: Switched to OpenCV 2.11 to fix a bug in OpenCV when zero features are found. Also improved error handling in general. 32-bit version was not updated because I don't own a 32-bit computer any more.
- April 6th, 2010 v.2: Switched to OpenCV to support other platforms (in particular Windows 64-bit requested by many users, including me)
- August 5th, 2008 Detailed timing information available
- August 2nd, 2008 Added the sign of the laplacian to the matching routine, for faster matching.
- July 31st, 2008 Initial release
Herbert Bay, Tinne Tuytelaars and Luc Van Gool SURF: Speeded Up Robust Features, Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Computer Vision, Springer LNCS volume 3951, part 1, pp 404--417, 2006.